Volunteer Society Nepal (VSN) is a Nepal-based, Nepali-run company that provides with incredible Nepal experiences, while ensuring maximum benefit for the Nepalese
Placements in Schools, Orphanages, Buddhist Monasteries, Women’s Groups, School for Mentally & Physically Disabled Children, Physiotherapy Hospitals andÂ Health Clinics, Internship in Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy and Speech therapy, Construction, and more…
Low fees: Volunteer from 1 week to 10 months from as little as $60/week including homestay with Nepali local host family.
Nepal is one of the most beautiful, culturally rich and welcoming country in the world. It is home to Mount Everest, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, and an astonishingly beautiful and diverse landscape, ranging from the well-known peaks of the Himalaya to the low-lying regions of the Terai. The Nepali people are as diverse at the geography, with over 70 languages or dialects and scores of traditional festivals celebrated throughout the year.
However, Nepal is among the poorest and least developed countries in the world with low rates of literacy, high rates of poverty and a persistent gender imbalance. The government is frequently unable to provide adequate education and health facilities throughout the country and both urban and rural areas are forced to live without necessary resources to promote growth and development of their communities:
42% of the population live below the poverty line on less than $240 a year
- 15,000 orphans are living on Kathmandu’ streets
- 42% of the population of Nepal are unemployed
- 51% illiteracy rate throughout Nepal
- 2.5 doctors are available for each 100,000 inhabitants
- 54% of Nepali children are malnourished
Our mission is to encourage and invite as many international volunteers as possible to improve this situation, while they are experiencing the rich culture, natural splendor and daily life of Nepal, one of the most beautiful countries of the world. We do this by being flexible to our volunteers’ need and keeping costs low.
Why Volunteer Society Nepal?
Our unique position as a Nepali run company means we know our country better and this allows us to reduce overheads, yet still provide fantastic service equal to the high cost international agencies. From the the very first day of our volunteers’ arrival until your departure from Nepal, we do everything possible to make sure our volunteers will have a safe, meaningful and pleasant stay. We make sure all our volunteers are well prepared before beginning work as a volunteer, we provide you orientations, training in Nepali language, culture, work practices and guided sight-seeing tours.
What differentiates us?
- Volunteer Society Nepal is founded and run by Nepali professionals, which means more money goes direct to financing the projects that need it so much
- Volunteer Society Nepal staff collectively have more than 50 years experience of working in leading international volunteer based and development organizations in Nepal
- Volunteer Society Nepal has established its own health clinic, schools, orphanages, and women’s development projects to best serve underprivileged women and children.
- We are flexible in helping you find your chosen work and we can easily combine multiple projects in one visit
We have placed hundreds of volunteers from 17 to 76 years old from all over the world. All of them have had a great experience while they made a meaningful contribution in supporting local disadvantaged & marginalized communities. After returning to their homes safe and sound, some of them have already come back to Nepal and many have made plans to come back soon to join us.