The founding principle of Volunteer Society Nepal was knowing we could get more money going to where it is needed most; the Nepalese
Volunteer Society Nepal is a locally owned and managed non-governmental, social development organization which aims to support the poorest and most vulnerable communities in Nepal. Volunteer Society Nepal is a small organization, with no international organizational umbrella. This means that all the volunteer fees and funding are invested directly into Nepal. Volunteer Society Nepal is reliant on volunteers’ fees to fund its projects, and is tremendously thankful to those who have been supporting us by taking part in our programs in Nepal over the years. It is these volunteers that have been enabling us to make such massive changes to the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged women and children.
Despite the fact that Volunteer Society Nepal is a solely volunteer-financed organization, the accomplishments it has made are numerous and on a grander scale than ever imagined. VSN extends its sincere gratitude to all the international volunteers and their families, and to VSN staff who have contributed immeasurable support in the implementation of these projects.
We are pleased to share that we are a locally founded Nepali volunteering organization that has already been able to establish and run multiple projects like a center for intellectually disabled children, a charitable school, orphanages, women’s centers to provide vocational training and non-formal education, sponsorship programs for needy children, delivering regular nutritious food supplies to different orphanages and regular educational supplies to different schools by utilizing the fees that we receive from our volunteers. We need large amount of regular funding to run these projects effectively. Through our projects, we have been able to provide supports to hundreds of underprivileged children and women.
We still keep volunteering fees as low as possible, a difficult task in itself. VSN volunteering programs are absolutely the most affordable in Nepal.
Spend less and still get a great service:
As well as our flexible and tailored placements we provide exactly the same, if not better, Inductions, Support and Accommodation as many of the large international agencies that charge up to €1,500 for a 2 week posting.
Your fees include the following:
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Food and accommodation from the moment of landing at the airport to the final day of your placement
- In depth cultural and language training
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Arranged transfers to and from your placement
- Fully trained host families
- 24hr availability of VSN Nepal staff for emergencies
- Assistance with visas and pre-departure support
- Fundraising support
- Support in booking any further travel in Nepal
This cost does not include the following:
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Sundries such as personal items, extra beverages and entertainment
- Domestic flight costs
- Transportation costs for the volunteers who want to work outside the Kathmandu valley
- Entrance fees to the main cultural and Heritage sites (Entry Fees to Heritage Sites, Museums and Others).
The lower overheads then means more of your money goes to:
- School for Mentally & Physically Disabled Children and Young Adults
- Orphaned and street Children
- Women’s empowerment
- Supporting schools
- Building much needed facilities
- Sponsoring Children
- Earthquake victims
- Operating Health clinics
- Saving for upcoming VSN Nepal programs