Make an impact: There are more than one ways
Join us and make an impact: help bring about transformation in Nepal. As a charitable organization, we are entirely reliant on the kindness and generosity of its volunteers and donors to fund its projects, and tremendously thankful for those who have supported the organization over the years, enabling VSN to make massive changes to the lives of thousands of underprivileged children and women in Nepal. We need motivated, passionate individuals to raise awareness and funds for our work. There are many ways to get involved.
Volunteer Society Nepal works with a range of local and international partners like volunteer sending agencies, small businesses, universities, schools and community organizations.
We are always looking for partner organizations that can help us on our road to sustainability. We understand that truly effective partnerships only occur when the partnership benefits both parties.
We want partners that can align themselves with our values and vision – that poverty can be beaten, that all children deserve an education, that investing in leaders and community will create generational change, and that everyone deserves a life of dignity.
What makes Volunteer Society Nepal unique is our ability to provide the accountability and transparency of a non- governmental organization, with the grassroots impact and connection of a small community organization. At Volunteer Society Nepal, the value of effective corporate partnerships is clear to us – but we also see the huge benefit that corporates, universities and schools, and small businesses receive by being part of our mission.
2. SPONSOR A CHILD FROM AN ORPHANAGE
Volunteer Society Nepal currently providing food shelter and education to four different orphanages in Kathmandu. We do not receive financial support/help from the nation. It receives only private donations, occasional assistance from its overseas volunteers and we hope that we will be able to do those activities that help us to raise fund for the projects. In order for the Volunteer Society Nepal to expand and reach out to more children, it needs your generous support. You may help in any of the following ways.
- If you desire to sponsor child/children with his/her full sponsorship paying for his/her annually charge you could pay $ 900 per year per child). The volunteer Society Nepal will send you a photo, a brief history, and an annual report on your child, with whom you may correspond directly.
- If you desire to sponsor child/children with his/his educational sponsorship paying for his/her annually charge you could pay $ 480 per year per child. Your sponsorship will provide for a child’s schooling and educational materials. You will receive a photo and information about the child, as well as an annual report.
- Generally you can donate general fund in any amount. The general fund provides food, clothing, shelter, medical and dental care, legal services, and quality education to the children. We thank for your kind view of the children’s future, that your help going to make bright future of the children. We want to invite you to visit our family at the Volunteer Society Nepal.
3. JOIN OUR EXTENSIVE PHILANTHROPIC TOUR, TRAVEL AND TREKKING PACKAGES
Volunteer Society Nepal is also a registered Tourism company in Nepal. It has been registered to the government authorities of Nepal in 2007. The company has been initiated with the aim of getting involved in humanitarian work through tourism. Therefore, a large percentage of all profits are injected into various humanitarian projects in Nepal. Our trekking, tour and travelling boosts our sustainability to continue the humanitarian works in Nepal.
Our goal is to make a difference through responsible tourism. Being responsible for maintaining the environment, its people and culture is an important factor to consider when traveling abroad, and we not only offer services that are ethical and thoughtful, but also offer opportunities for travelers to use their time and money to make a difference.
As a bonafide tour and travel company, we arrange a wide range of trekking, tour, rafting, peak climbing, jungle safari, home stays program including tours to Tibet and India to experience the unique beauty of the Himalayas region, to enjoy the customs and food of the diverse people who call Nepal home; to be awed by the mountains, rivers, lakes, forests, jungle and ancient cities and to have the journey of a lifetime. During the time with us, we will share our knowledge of the history of this vast region, as we explore villages, trails, cities, palaces and temples.
Our trekking, tour and traveling boosts our sustainability to continue the humanitarian works in Nepal. We work together with the organization called Volunteer Society Nepal to support Disability Center, Women’s Development Project, Girls’ Sponsorship Program, Helping Street and Orphan Children to best serve underprivileged women and children in Nepal.
Here are our licenses and authorizations
- Nepal Ministry of Industry, Office of Company Register, Reg No: 49680/064/065
- Nepal Ministry of Tourism, Department of Tourism, Reg No: 946
- Nepal Department of Small Cottage and Industries, Reg No: 10522/372
- Nepal Ministry of Finance, Department of Tax, PANS No: 302833052
- Tax Clearance Certificate No: 302833052
- Central Bank of Nepal, Nepal Rastra Bank, Department of Foreign Currency Exchange, Authorization No: 1416/01/070
Our projects would not be possible without the help of our donors. Every little contribution is appreciated and can go a long way in helping provide essential care to the orphanages, supply our schools, give an opportunity for women to learn and to help build our communities.
If you wish to donate please contact us and we can discuss how your contributions can help.
5. BECOME A FUND RAISER FOR VSN
Volunteer Society Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-religious and non-political organization registered with Nepal Government, Kathmandu District Administration office and affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal. We use local and international resources to safeguard the health and well-being of Nepali Children and women and to offer them the education, shelter, food and vocational tools to enable them to fully and equally contribute to Nepali society and compete in the global arena. We value the need for all women and children to be given equal opportunities in life regardless of their circumstances. It is our expectation that our practice and work reflect our beliefs and value and we strive to provide the best services possible to those we serve.