Volunteer, Tour & Trek
Combine a volunteer placement with a journey to remember around Nepal’s stunning countryside. Experience everything Nepal has to offer with cultural tours, Himalaya treks and jungle safaris
Volunteer Society Nepal has teamed up with a leading local travel agency to offer you top quality treks and tours at affordable prices. Combine your volunteer experience with a journey to remember in Nepal’s famous mountains, jungle, and lowland hills to see the best this country has to offer.
3 weeks: Volunteer and experience Pokhara lake and jungle experience: $840
Spend 2 weeks volunteering in Kathmandu and then head off on a 5 day tour in the jungle of Chitwan National Park and gaze at the Himalayas from Pokhara’s lakeside resort.
4 weeks: Volunteer and Poon Hill trek: $1170
Spend 3 weeks volunteering in a placement of your choice and then head off to Pokhara for a 5 day trek on the cobbled paths of the Annapurna region to Poon Hill, famous for panoramic views of the Himalayas.
5 weeks: Volunteer and Annapurna Base Camp trek:
Spend 3 weeks volunteering in a placement of your choice and then head off to Pokhara for a 10 day trek to the spectacular Annapurna Base Camp at 4000m
5 weeks: Volunteer and Everest Base Camp trek: (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight cost)
Spend 3 weeks volunteering in a placement of your choice and then fly to Lukla for a 15 day trek to the base of the world’s highest mountain.
3 weeks: Volunteer and Tibet overland adventure:
Spend 2 weeks volunteering in Kathmandu and then head off to Tibet for a 7 day 4WD tour of mysticism and mountains. Price includes a flight back from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
NB: The prices include all food, accommodation, language lessons and organized sightseeing trips during your orientation and volunteering placement. They also cover all accommodation, guide costs, transport, Domestic airport Tax and meals during your chosen tour excluding Kathmandu to Lukla & Lukla to Kathmandu flight tickets.
This is just an example of some of the tours and volunteer programs we can offer. If you would like to go somewhere in Nepal which is not listed above then please don’t hesitate to ask if it is possible. The timings of the above are also very flexible and you would obviously be welcome to do more than one tour or volunteer for longer/ shorter.
SAMPLE 5 WEEK PACKAGE: Volunteer and trek to Annapurna Base Camp
The Annapurna range just North of Pokhara is one of the classic high mountain areas in the world and the Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you right to it’s heart. The 10/14 day trek passes through scenic, deep valleys, lush rhododendron forests, scattered villages atop high ridges and ascends the narrow gorge of the tumbling Modi Khola. The trail above Chomrong can be rough and sometimes challenging but the rewards that await in the sanctuary are worth every bit of effort. We will also take in the climb of Poon hill from where the entire Annapurna range can be observed.
By combining this trip with volunteering in one of our placements in Pokhara or Kathmandu you will gain a rare insight into the true Nepal.
Days 1 – 4: Orientation, Language and Cultural Immersion in Kathmandu. For more detailed info Click Here
You will be picked up at the airport by one of the VSN staff and driven to your Kathmandu host family. Here you will be welcomed into the family, be given your own room and be provided with all your meals while in Kathmandu. This will be your home during your orientation and volunteering in Nepal. With easy bus routes into town and the surrounding countryside this quiet and safe suburb is the perfect base for your time in Nepal.
For the first 3 days you will take part in the following:
- Introduction about your placement and volunteer responsibility
- Nepali cultural orientation out lining the dos and do not’s of Nepal
- Nepali language classes (2 hours per day) and spend time studying your free Nepali language booklet
- Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu’s main sites and places of convenience
- Get to know the rest of the VSN team and volunteers
Days 5 – 20: Volunteering placement
- Teach in a local school
- Help out at the local orphanage
- Work in a health clinic
- Teach English in a women’s group
- Teach English in a monastery
- Carry out your own community development project
Depending on your placement, you will be working for between 6 to 8 hours a day and the rest of your time can be spent exploring more of Kathmandu, enjoying the company of your host and other volunteers or just relaxing.
3. Days 20: Preparation for Trekking
3. Days 21– 34: Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp
- Transfers to start of trek and guide and porters for the full 10/14 days on the trail
- Max. Altitude : 4130.
- Trip Duration : 10/14 days (depending on speed and time spent in Pokhara)
- Trek Grade : Moderate
- Accommodation : Tea house (Lodge to Lodge)
- Per day Hiking : 5 to 7 hours
The fees cover:
- Meal and accommodation (typical Nepali food) with host family during placement
- Transportation (pick up and drop off to/from airport and placement)
- Intensive training and orientation appropriate to the length of your stay
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu (Including guide and entrance fees)
- Trekking cost either Everest Base Camp Trek (12 Days) or Annapurna Trek (12 Days)
- Includes an experienced guide , porters (generally 1 porter for 2 pax), their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment.
- Surface Transfer to destination from Kathmandu.)
- Tourist service charge, Vat and Office Service charge
- Full cost of trek including all meals, porters, services required
The fee does not cover:
- Insurance (medical, travel, personal belongings)
- Flight or land transportation from your country to Nepal.
- Personal expenses (ie. gift items, beverage, water bottle)
Contact Us by email if you have a specific trip you would like to tie in with a one of our volunteer programs and we will get back to you with a quote.