The founding principle of Volunteer Society Nepal is knowing we could get more money going to where it is needed most
Volunteer Society Nepal is a locally owned and managed non-governmental, social development organization which aims to support the poorest and most vulnerable communities in Nepal. We are a small organization, with no international organizational umbrella. This means that all the volunteer fees and funding are lower than many other organizations. The fees are invested directly into Nepal.
Volunteering at Volunteer Society Nepal is not free, as we are partly reliant on volunteers’ fees to fund our projects. We are thankful to those who have been supporting us by taking part in our programs over the years. It is these volunteers that have been enabling us to make such massive changes to the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged women and children.
Projects run by Volunteer Society Nepal
As a locally founded, solely volunteer fee-financed organization we established many projects that we are now successfully running:
- The center for intellectually disabled children
- A charitable School
- Women’s center to provide vocational training and non-formal education,
- Sponsorship programs for poor children
- Delivery of food supplies; educational materials and accommodation supplies to orphanages, schools and monasteries
If we would offer free volunteering, we would not be able to support these projects. That’s why we utilize the fees that we receive from our volunteers. We need regular funding to run the above projects effectively. Through our projects, we have been able to provide supports to hundreds of underprivileged children and women.
We are committed to serving the communities of Nepal; the majority percentage of volunteers’ fees goes directly into local communities. As we support our projects, our volunteering cannot be free, but we keep the volunteering fees as low as possible, which is a difficult task in itself. Our volunteer programs are absolutely the most affordable in Nepal.
|Duration of Volunteering/Internship||Fees in Euro|
Spend less and still get a great service
In our flexible and tailored volunteer placements we provide exactly the same introductions, support and accommodation as many of the large international agencies that charge enormous amounts.
Your Nepal volunteer fees include the following:
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Food and accommodation from the moment of landing at the airport to the final day of your placement
- In depth cultural and language training
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Arranged transfers to and from your placement
- Fully trained host families
- 24hr availability of VSN Nepal staff for emergencies
- Assistance with visas and pre-departure support
- Fundraising support
- Support in booking any further travel in Nepal
The Nepal volunteer fee does not include the following:
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Sundries such as personal items, extra beverages and entertainment. A weekly budget of up to 25 should be sufficient to cater for our all your other expenses like bottle of water, daily snacks, personal items and beverages etc.
- Domestic flight costs
- Transportation costs for the volunteers who want to work outside the Kathmandu valley
- Entrance fees to the main cultural and Heritage sites (Entry Fees to Heritage Sites, Museums and Others).
The lower overhead means more of your money goes to Nepal:
- School for Mentally & Physically Disabled Children and Young Adults
- Orphaned and street Children
- Women’s empowerment
- Supporting schools
- Building much needed facilities
- Sponsoring Children
- Earthquake victims
- Flood victims
- Operating Health clinics
- Saving for upcoming VSN Nepal programs