Volunteer Vacancy for Teachers’ Training in Nepal
Volunteer Society Nepal has many vacancies for teachers who want to volunteer. The quality of education in Nepal is very low as formal training and teaching qualifications are not necessary to teach in schools. Therefore, over 50% of teachers in Nepal have no or inadequate training. Most of the teachers in Nepal know only traditional methods of teaching which comprises of lecturing and memorization. They do not know how to introduce student participation to generate a creative and active learning process.
Even in a relatively short term placement, experienced teachers as a volunteer can make a huge contribution to the quality of education provided in schools in Nepal by supporting our teachers. Most teachers who have taken part so far have found this a rewarding and enjoyable experience; it is a true “win-win” situation.
Some examples of overall duties
- Promoting active teaching and inclusive education through workshops, demonstration lessons, observations and team teaching
- Demonstrating simple, multi-use, easy-to-use teaching aids to groups of teachers and working with individuals on this
- Carrying out professional needs assessment of school teachers
- Motivating teachers to undertake action research and produce local teaching materials
Besides sharing general teaching skills we are also looking for teachers who can teach and share their knowledge in teacher subjects such as Science, Math, Biology, Computer Science, Social Sciences and more.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for this vacancy
- A teaching qualification in any subject in Education or Education in general,
- Minimum two years teaching experience in primary/secondary or in teacher training setting.
- Experience in training material development and classroom observation.
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- You will need to be highly culturally sensitive with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the confidence to create positive relationships in very diverse working environments.
Please visit our website link for more details and application.