Volunteer service abroad: a lifetime opportunity for mutual growth
Our Volunteering Opportunities in Nepal Program aims to assist the sustainable development of Nepali communities through projects aimed at children, youth and women. We place our volunteers in not only our own schools, orphanages and centers in Kathmandu, but also in other locations through local partner organizations across Nepal. Volunteering is for all ages, from high school students to retired teachers. According to your skills and length of stay we will create a program that suits you.
All of our volunteers receive an on-arrival orientation that includes Nepali lessons, a presentation of the culture and work practices to expect and prepare for, and an introduction to their home stay and workplace.
Volunteer Society Nepal has created a thriving environment for change in Nepal, which benefits volunteers by:
- Engaging them in the ongoing development process of Nepal, a marginal society and third world country
- Developing their personal and life skills
- Encouraging an understanding of the Nepali people, their language, and their various cultures
- Providing unique opportunities to take part in local festivals, weddings, farming, and visiting different small villages
- Being immersed in the spectacular natural beauty and surroundings of Nepal