Women’s Center Recipe Book
Do you want to bring the taste of Nepal home while helping fund the construction and running of our new women’s center?
Last month, our volunteers teamed up with the women from the center to create their very own Nepali recipe book! A cooking workshop was held so that Marijke, the coordinating volunteer of the project, could observe how the dishes were made, record the recipes and write them up into a cook book. The ladies designed the cover and had it signed by everyone who was involved in the project.
The book is available for purchase here.
All the royalties (+- 4 euro a book) go directly to the center and by selling the book, the women get an income along with a proud sense of achievement!
Shipping is from the Netherlands, so you don’t have to worry about it getting lost in the mail from Nepal. If you prefer to buy it while you are in Nepal contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Society Nepal offers volunteering opportunities to develop the women’s groups, you may get involved in following volunteering activities in Nepal:
- English & Computer teaching: Teaching of English language and Computer to the women is one of the most effective program taking place at the Centre. Volunteers can create and deliver comprehensive Spoken English and Computer lesson, though VSN has provided several reference books. The classes are divided into three categories- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Women’s support education: Present information to the members about relevant women’s issues in Nepal or globally.
- Health Education and health Check up: Hold an educational program on home hygiene and family health.
- Overseas marketing support: Provide marketing services in your home country for clothing, candles, or other handicraft products that can be produced by this group.
- Grant Writing: Search for and apply to grant making foundations that will support the planned activities at the Women’s Resource Centre.
- A market analysis for potential projects: Conduct a market analysis of skills, products or services that can be set up by the Everest Foundation Women’s Resource Centre. Take steps towards making these income-generating activities.
- Do a value chain analysis for potential projects: Perform a value chain analysis for a viable industry, product or service and determine how the members can fill roles in the chain from basic production to marketing and vending
- Business Training: Educate the women in financing, accounting, or business development for the enterprise in question